Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thoughts….--By Maurice J. Reynolds--United States

Thoughts….

When I am weak, You are strong, and
oh Lord, I need Your strength today
to help me continue on
through a day filled with matters
that weigh upon me;
through a period that feels empty
and unproductive;
through a time that has
not yet manifested itself.

Feels like I’m sinking
to the very bottom of
an abyss that is not only empty,
but compounds my anxiety
with each level down.

Up is where I want to be
so I need Your strength, Lord,
for I feel weakened from
the cares of this world, and
the day to day hoopla.
Give me strength, Lord.  I need Your strength.

Maurice J. Reynolds is a freelance writer who has had material published in various publications.  He is the owner of To God be the Glory! Publications, a literary ministry that produces the poetry publication Creative Inspirations.  More information can be found at: www.tgbtgpublictions.com.

12 comments:

  1. Dear Maurice,

    Thank you for stopping by today to leave some lovely comments for others and for sharing your talent at Whispers. It's supportive people like you that make this literary journal/community possible.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,

      Thank you for your words of encouragement for my self and for my poem. I believe we all need the strength of the Lord at times in our life, if not at all times.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for writing the yearnings of my own heart, at times. Well written. My sentiments exactly. We are blessed to have the strength we need from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlene,

      Thank you for your kind words concerning my poem and thank you also for being a contributor to Creative Inspirations. Glad the poem was a blessing to you in some way.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Christine Tate, for the following comment--

    Hi Rev. Reynolds. I was blessed by your poem. It reminded me that our source for every provision is the Lord. His promise to give us strength and purpose are gifts we cannot put a price tag on. He never fails and He is faithful even when we aren't. AMEN to your lovely, encouraging poem. Thanks for sharing words from the heart! God Bless you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kindness, Christine, and thank you for your support of Creative Inspirations. To God be the Glory!

      Delete
  4. Maurice, that is an inspirational piece , living up to the true essence of Creative Inspirations. Be strong and blessed, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ndaba,

      Thank you for your kind words. I am happy our paths have crossed (thanks, Karen). It is an honor to publish the work of such an accomplished writer and author as yourself in Creative Inspirations. May the good Lord continue blessing you and all you do for Him!

      Delete
  5. Inspirational poetry lending to all who read you. Nice work here, a joy to read...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rhoda. It is equally a joy to read your poetry, especially your poems on nature. You are a very talented writer and author and I am glad you are a part of Whispers and Creative Inspirations. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Gerald Heyder, for the following comment--

    Thank you, Maurice, so very much for your kind words about my poem. Your poem, "Thoughts", is indeed inspirational! It is food for thought for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerald, you are very welcome and thank you. -MJ

    ReplyDelete