Friday, October 11, 2013

A Heavenly Light--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

A Heavenly Light

A heavenly light
raining from the sky
lifts my spirits high.

A heavenly light
radiating throughout my soul
circulates endeavors to stay whole.

A heavenly light
freeing me from an inky night
blesses me with a holy sight.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this poem. I loved it. It reminded me of a very special experience I had one morning years ago. This poem could easily have been written about that experience. It changed my life and your poem confirmed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not just an ordinary light. A metaphorical title, a spiritually revealing and rejuvenating poem. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments for John. I will send them by mail to him. John, it is a pleasure to have you a part of Whispers. Thank you for sharing this uplifting poem with us.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete