Friday, October 25, 2013

Calligraphy--By George L. Ellison--England

Calligraphy

It takes a special talent and
Many years to perfect
Written documents in many fonts
With such precise effect
Artistic and so long lasting
Such pure creative script
A craft passed down since ancient times
Scholarly ancient text that’s so beautiful and sublime

George L. Ellison is a writer of poetry and  short stories. He as published two books called Poetic Reminiscences and Weaving Words.  George lives with his wife and dogs in Chester-Le-Street, County Durham in England. He is a member of The Writers and Poetry Alliance. He is currently working on his new project as well as learning to play the saxophone at the Sage Gateshead!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following comment--

    Lovely write on calligraphy. I, too, appreciate its exquisite beauty, George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jack for reading my poem I am pleased you liked it, the poem is in the "Whispers Style" set for the stylists on the Alliance website and I thought it would be a good addition to Karen's site also!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful poem; I can picture some of the ancient books with their beautiful calligraphy and I have many friends who add calligraphy to home made cards. I like this one very much. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love words written in a calligraphy style that is one of the reasons I chose the subject Pam and I bet those cards look beautiful, thank you for reading my work it is much appreciated!

      Delete