Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love Query--By Isha Wagner--New Zealand

Love Query

Love surely is the strangest thing
That rocks the world by its absence
That rocks the world by its presence
And I can no longer contribute
Anything worthwhile to this treatise
consuming through the centuries
As I have loved too much and lost
too much or is this statement false?
I believe it's untrue
         now
What I think has happened is this:
I have used up my love quotient
Only so much allotted to a life
And entered a neutral zone
where love barters with hate
And need outdoes it all
The question is:
How much need is the ration
I have yet to find out
It's still very functional.

Isha Wagner is a New Zealand poet. She has resided in many countries including Iceland, Libya, India, and Australia.  She read some of her work at the VIII International Poetry Festival held in Granada, Nicaragua, in February 2012. She has had three collections of poetry published.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following comment--

    Thought provoking piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed thought provoking. I can see it is from your heart and deep. Thank you for sharing a well written poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The following got me chuckling and wondering:

    What I think has happened is this:
    I have used up my love quotient
    Only so much allotted to a life
    And entered a neutral zone
    where love barters with hate

    As l try to explore this piece, l am compelled to conclude that there is a light and humorous touch to this love query.

    ReplyDelete