Saturday, February 8, 2014

When My Light Burns Out--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

When My Light Burns Out

When I can no longer capture
The soul of God’s creations,
Nor soar like birds spreading melodies
On a spring morning
My aging mind will still rejoice
For the times I engaged in sounds
Of spring’s heartfelt songs;
When my eyesight fades I’ll still recall
With a thankful heart
How God gave me talent
To express the pleasures
Of His glorious world.
In the dawn of another day,
I’ll sit quietly, remembering
With a grateful heart
How blessed to have shared
My small treasured thoughts.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

9 comments:

  1. You are so right, John, and how creative the express the one on one with nature as a talent to see, to feel, to know, to touch and to write! This is a most effective poem! It depicts a certain confidence and knowing, yet within that stirs a humility that it a precious reality in life! God bless! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed are we that you do share your small, treasured thoughts. We are grateful that you do so. Beautifully penned. Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John,

    That is quite a beautiful poem which reminds us to remember through the tough times and he will grant us peace again. Well painted word pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Your gentle words say what so many are thinking but can't put on paper. Way to go! Thank you...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bill,

    Wonderful way to continue in life's fortunes. I love your heart of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bill,
    To some folks, growing old seems very difficult. However, I feel the same as you. We are grateful for each day, each memory, each true friend who has crossed our paths. This is a dignified and tender poem on the aging process. When our light finally fades, I hope we can carry these memories to eternal life. God bless you for sharing this with us. It touched a special place in my heart. Would you be interested in collaborating on a poem? It seems we are of the same mindset. Best wishes, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bill. I enjoyed "When My Light Burns Out." It is a true test of faith when we can still love and appreciate the Savior when things in our life are not going so well. I like your poetry in Pancakes in Heaven as well. Continued blessings.

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Christine Tate, for the following comment--

    Hi, Thank you for sharing your wonderful poem. With a grateful heart we need to reflect on the blessings that God bestows on us each day! None of us were promised tomorrow! Enjoyed your poem. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all these lovely comments for John. I will send them to him. John, your writing touches the lives of others. It's been a joy to read your words over the years. Wishing you ongoing success my friend.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete