Thursday, September 11, 2014

Love Waits--By Rhoda Galgiani--United States

Love Waits

Visions of one is lost in the clouds
for the image is far beyond the sea
searches for love of you in the crowds
wonder who you are, I long to see

You came to my heart with much surprise
not expecting to hear your voice today
almost as if, you heard my saddened cries
but, you are a dream not coming my way

I talk to you many times in my sung song
wonder if you will catch my stumble and fall
will you come my way I’ve waited so long
take my hand will destiny hear my faint call

Across the sea, solitary and alone
buried in life with past hurt and pain
true love you have never really known
for it was captured in damp foggy rain -

your love waits across the sea

Rhoda Galgiani is a published Poet and Author of two books, Expressions from the Inside Out and No Snow for Johnny - a Child’s Story listed at LuLu.com or Amazon.com. Rhoda is a retired senior that delights in maintaining her own website entitled Expressions Poetry Journal which is dedicated to the world of poetry. Come visit her at - chesakat1.blogspot.com

13 comments:

  1. This has a poignant feel of sorrow that reaches for and grasps the heart. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rhoda, what a well written, poignant poem that tugged at my heart strings.. As always I enjoy reading you. Thank you for sharing your talent here on Whispers for all to enjoy.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is a major highlight of the season for me... Put this to music, and it becomes the perfect dirge... laced with layers of melancholy, tiered devotion, and with the stunning closure, we are left with a belief, confidant, all will work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely lament.
    I enjoy reading your verses. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nissmech, Charlene, Michael and Ralph for your lovely comments. This poetry touches my own heart and was written for Peter Dome a while back. Not knowing Peter personally - only as a writer on the 'Alliance', my poetry to him are coming as words would come from a friend...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really touched my heart Rhoda. Your such a treasure and brilliant writer.. I send my love to you over the sea. take good care. warm best wishes. Pete. X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhoda. That third stanza is really touching my heart. This is an overall wonderful poem to read and meditate upon. Thank you so much for sharing this. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rhoda, there is so much said between the lines in each quatrain and stanza. Your words are filled with sadness, hope and yet the promise is there within one's grasp........ wow! Cool poem, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Peter, Maurice and Sheri - my words are like the feelings of many. Alone and dreaming of love, I write my poetry as a dreamer...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhoda...Thank you for sharing your poignant poem! A lovely, heartfelt piece. ~Chris


    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Chris - Blessings to you and yours...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rhoda,

    A moving, heartfelt write to a friend in need. A lovely heart you have and wonderful friend you are to them. Very nicely written, Rhoda, always a pleasure to read your words.

    Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sandra for the sweet comment you posted for 'Love Waits'. I wrote this poetry for someone who is alone - hoped it would give them a lift. It did! Best wishes for you coming your way...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete