Thursday, December 25, 2014

Seasons--By Joann Grisetti--United States

Seasons

I watch them fall, those autumn leaves
In reds and golds stirred by the breeze;
After they fall we rake and rake
Huge piles for jumping, then remake,
Heaps standing round the naked trees.

Overnight the lakes solid freeze
Icicles form, and finally,
Dancing in the evening – snowflakes -
                 I watch them fall.

And then the sun begins to tease,
Bulbs spring open sure to please,
Young buds stretch and grow awake
Cherry petals, pink and white, shake
As gentle winds from shoots release
                 I watch them fall.

Joann Grisetti has been writing for 45 years. She is a retired teacher from Florida. She receives encouragement from her daughter and has recently enrolled in a creative writing workshop. She is a member of Poetry Soup. You can read more of her poetry there.

3 comments:

  1. I loved your description of the seasons. I liked the way you incorporated, "I watch them fall" making the whole of the poem congruent. Thank you for sharing your talent Joann.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann,
    I liked this. I especially enjoyed the imagery of dancing snowflakes.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete