Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tanka--By Rita Odeh--Israel

koi tattoo-
he dives into
the water
unaware of my
heart’s ripples
_______________

foggy stars...
to see a mockingbird's
fading song
and hear the echo
of a frog's croak
_______________

In a dream,
I saw a caged bird.
When I woke up,
you were near me
fluttering
_______________

Rita Odeh is the author of seven books, including Buds of Dream which was released May 2014 and is available from Amazon. Her haiku and haiga have been honored with many awards. To read more of her poems, please go to Catching the Moment, http://rita-odeh.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. Rita, these are wonderful Tanka! I love the depth, imagery and subject. Awesome! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I like your poetry. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature transcends all beauty, a lovely dream indeed.
    Blessings always, Leokadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rita. I enjoyed your Tanka. Nice work. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very visual and delightful. Thanks Ron Grognet

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so good. Beautifully articulated. Thank you for sharing your talent. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rita! This is a lovely string of Tanka; very creative. The first and third are my favourite ones. // paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita,
    Very nice! I like all three, but the 2nd and 3rd are probably my favorites.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete