Monday, June 1, 2015

The Robin--Yvonne Sparkes--England

The Robin

A blush of red adorns your coat,
Oh maestro of the warbled note.
In song you stand at heaven’s door,
Those warbled songs that you implore,
Can any hardened heart remain?
Without a falling tear to claim?
Through weathers good or bad you sing,
Remind the listener of spring,
Perhaps to give a faith of kind,
That summer is not far behind.
So sing my little feathered friend,
Hope and joy in song you lend,
Faith and trust, that come what may,
There will always be a brighter day.

Born on Feb. 27, 1940 in Barkingside, Essex, England, Yvonne Sparkes,  immigrated to New York in April, 1948 with her parents.  She now resides in Chelmsford, Essex and has two sons.  She has a book published by Cyberwit called Captured Images.  A writer for many years, Yvonne has been published in Israel, Germany, France, Australia, America, and Britain.  She has read her poetry in public at Church and Knockout Competitions. Her hobbies are travel, the arts, reading, hiking, taking her Scottish Terrier for walks, and spending time with family and friends.

14 comments:

  1. What a glorious write. I thought you have done an excellent job with this poem. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rusty,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I am so pleased that you liked
      this little tribute to one of my favorite garden birds.
      Have a lovely summer
      Regards,
      Yvonne (Sparkes)

      Delete
  2. Yvonne,
    Such an inspired blessing and a wide array of places you have. May I ask where exactly you have been published?
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David,
      You are very kind and I thank you for your lovely comment. I have been blessed
      to have been published quite a lot in small magazines, some bigger than
      others in England i.e. Cumbria, and Essex Life, The Essex Chronicle (our local newspaper), and the first issue of an Israeli poetry magazine, one in Germany,
      France, and lots of work in India including a small book of my own work.
      And the History Society of Australia. Also books and anthologies and
      charity ones of Stacy Savage, All over the Internet, Poetry for Thought.
      Thank you so much for your lovely message and if you would like
      to see anything just type in my name in Google and a few things come up.
      I think my book is still on Amazon and I still have a few copies of it too.
      Kind Regards,
      Your Friend,
      Yvonne (Sparkes)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What other words can I use to say I love this?
    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Su`eddie,
      How nice of you to post such a comment and I am so delighted that you
      liked my little tribute to one of my favorite little garden birds.
      Kind Regards,
      Yvonne Sparkes

      Delete
  4. Brought a grin to my day. Lovely tribute to our garden friend. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ralph,
    So kind of you to put on a comment about my tribute to a delightful garden bird.
    I am so pleased that you liked it.
    Regards,
    Yvonne Sparkes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved the reminder of how important it is to be happy in all situations, rain or shine. We may never know what influence we might have on someone who may need a happy song conveyed to their weary heart. The robin does well with it's task, Thank you for sharing your talent with such a lovely well written poem. I loved it!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlene,
    Thankyou so much and I heard today that The Robin has just been announced
    To be Britains National bird. Hurrah I voted for it.
    Have a woberful week.
    Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful tribute to such a lovely creature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jack. So kind of you to comment and yes, the little Robin
      is my favorite little bird.
      Love,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  9. Dear Yvonne, this poem is so filled with the cheer and beauty that comes with spring. Nature's song is shared as the robin sings his sweet song. This is lovely Yvonne. I adored it. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Eleanor Michael, for the following--

    A bright, cheerful message.

    ReplyDelete