Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Prisoner--By Tim Ryerson--United States

Prisoner

Send me back home where I truly belong
Cut the chains dear, please let me depart
Why does your brain keep replaying our song?
Let my melody drift to your heart

Making me haunt you is very unkind
I'm no ghost dear, please grant my parole
Why bottle me up inside of your mind?
Set me free to go dwell in your soul...

*For Vicki Lynn Perrin Ryerson, 10/25/1948 - 6/20/2008

Tim Ryerson is a published poet from Ponchatoula, Louisiana who retired from the printing business in 2011. He began writing in the 80’s but did not take it seriously until 2001 after the untimely death of his then 21 year old son. He does not have a ‘signature style’ but prefers writing different forms of poetry. Many of his poems use southern slang and Cajun dialect. He also enjoys writing humorous poems, especially limericks and senryu and was among the winners in the latest Humor Press writing contest with his entry “Emergency Rooms Just KILL me.”

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous write my friend! I truly enjoyed reading this illustrious poem this evening. You have intrigued me yet again with this glorious piece! Great work.

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last line left me awe struck Tim. This poem is so beautiful and such a pleasure to read. Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely-written and expressed, Tim. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete