Friday, January 8, 2016

Dancing With Poetry--By Molly Moore--United States

Dancing With Poetry

I miss dancing with you, my friend,
‘cross the open floor where we’d etch our verse
Rhyming in rhythm till the party’s end.
What romantic images we’d traverse !

Take my hand, one more stanza please.
Alliteratively we’ll step out a fanciful song
Then sway to a sonnet with equal ease.
Oh, your sweet presence has been absent too long.

Let’s make a date, at semester’s end,
We’ll waltz onto a brand new page
With creative words and thoughts that wend
their way, once more, to the poetic stage

Claiming Hawaii as her true home, Molly Moore is currently residing in Seattle, Washington, pursuing a nursing degree. Perhaps her previous career as an international flight attendant is what launched Molly’s "flights of fancy" into poetry. A love of rhythm and rhyme sparks her creative side, especially while outdoors in nature.

4 comments:

  1. Molly, Molly...this is just beautiful! I love the metaphor of poetry being your dance partner! You will have to post this at PFT if you haven't already. I love it my friend! I wish you the most blessed 2016. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    I was attracted to this by the title alone. The poem itself did not disappoint. A most enjoyable read!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly! I hope that poetry will forever be loyal to you; like that you'll have the pleasure of a special guaranteed dancing partner suitable for every mood! A very lovely poem, indeed. ~ Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly: So good to read your poems again. An invitation to the dance is always hard to resist so I am sure your Muse will be dancing with you again through the nature you love so much. SuZ

    ReplyDelete