Monday, January 11, 2016

Warmer Places--By Tom Davis--United States

Warmer Places

Burning kindling spice the air
as a V of geese honk
beneath a gun-metal-gray sky
hanging heavy over the Smokies.
They cross the Tuckasegee
pocked with chunks of ice
in search of
warmer places.

In his younger years, Tom Davis served as a Special Force Combat Diver. It seems to him that he spent more time on, in, and under the water than as a landlubber. This and other adventures he has written about in his memoir, The Most Fun I Ever Had With My Clothes On: A March From Private to Colonel. http://www.oldmp.com/davismemoirs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom, I enjoyed reading your poem. I could visualize the geese, as there are many where I reside. I recall them lining up for take off one time. It was absolutely fascinating to behold. Thanks for sharing. Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent visuals, great word choice. Much enjoyed well dine Pete.

    ReplyDelete