Sunday, September 25, 2016

Forgiveness--By Sara Kendrick--United States

Forgiveness

"Forgiveness heals an open wound, the spirit repairs the soul"

As the red sun sets so did she
Taking her life far away
Did she even consider me
Lord, I do forgive her this day  

An original quote from Sara--above. This is about my biological mother's suicide. I was only between 15 and 16 months old when it happened.  I learned in the last 6 months the cause of her death.

Sara Kendrick married young and had a family soon after. After her last child went to school, she decided to pursue her GED. A gentlemen who worked with the GED program encouraged her to enroll in college.  She worked part time and cared for her family in addition to her studies. She graduated from Mercer University. Several years ago, after a health crisis, she started writing poetry. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sara,

    I am very sorry to hear of your mother passing this way and that you just learned of it recently. A touching write; a question needing an answer but with empathy there is forgiveness as your quote so eloquently states.

    Wishing you peace and comfort,

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Your beautiful words touched my heart.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara...I'm sorry to hear about your mother! May the Lord's peace comfort you during such a difficult ordeal. Heartfelt words in your poem. The quote is spot on about forgiveness! Take care...Chris~

    ReplyDelete