Saturday, September 3, 2016

rain--By Chelsea Jones--United States

rain

I walk barefoot in the rain
I sing songs for people who don’t exist
I place purpose in the hands of those willing to take it
I am soaked to the skin and I am well

Chelsea Jones is a musician and artist living in Kingsburg, California. She is a recent graduate of University of California, Santa Cruz with a degree in french horn performance and electronic music. Her work is upcoming in Noctua Review and she has been previously published in Abridged Magazine, Red Wheelbarrow Magazine, Chinquapin Magazine, Peel Magazine, and Gaia Magazine. More of her work can be found at chelseaejones.tumblr.com.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Chelsea,
    Welcome to Whispers'--I especially appreciate, "I place purpose in the hands of those willing to take it." Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chelsea,

    I'm glad you see you already have one lovely comment from Michael on your inspirational poem. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent with us. May you always enjoy the gift of words.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Whispers, Chelsea. The line " I place purpose in the hands of those willing to take it" is a gift in poetry and in life.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea,
    I love every line of this short poem. Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea, welcome to Whispers! Thank you for your tender and gifted poem, "rain." It was a joy to read. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete