Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Awakening--By Annie Jenkin--England

The Awakening

I play piano
on your shoulders
to shake away the shadows
feeding my fears.
Using unmeasured metre,
trapping sounds
of rich and mellow notes.
I feel the smooth velvet-tones
nudging my heart, awakening
the millions of tunes within.
Dusky spheres fall
as softly as summer rain
filling my veins,
releasing emotion.
The beat of my heart quickens
and my timid hand reaches
beneath my pillow,
to let my dream slip out.

Annie Jenkin lives in Plymouth, England. Having not written poetry for many years, Annie has returned to poetry writing with enthusiasm. Her writing explores several subject areas that are insightful, humorous but can also be sensitive.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Annie. I enjoyed "The Awakening." Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annie,
    This poem is a treasure. The language flows and is itself a kind of music.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. Enjoyed your piece. Ralph

    ReplyDelete