Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Muse is a Restless Gypsy--By Gerald Heyder--United States

Muse is a Restless Gypsy

Thoughts in the form of words
are a flowing river of hopes,
dreams, even frustrations
begging to be born seeking
to appease and please the urge
to prove one’s worth at being,
an accomplished wordsmith.
It can be best described
in the following manner
as succinctly and fluently
as I possibly can do.
Muse is a restless gypsy,
roaming through the brain,
heart and soul giving control
to the hand to be born on paper
as a baby crying for recognition.
My hopes and dreams longing
for possible immortality…
I rest my pen and case
for you to be the judge.

Gerald Heyder is a published poet from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Gerald,
    Thank you for these thoughts on the workings of the muse--really like the "flowing river" image in line 2.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerald. Nice poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great new definition of "Muse" -- "...a restless gypsy..." indeed, she is a wanderer and each of us is a wayside stop, waiting to welcome her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerald,
    I like the analogy between a muse and a gypsy...I believe I am in search one of my own to find me new stuff to write. (Poems I have posted before, all except for the challenges, have been in other publications)
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Friends,

    Thank you for your kind words on Gerald's poem. I will send your comments to him. Gerald, it is a joy to have you here at Whispers, sharing your talent for our international audience. Congratulations and best wishes.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Gerald, good is flowing words in "Muse is a Restless Gypsy"
    Lines to prove one’s worth at being, an accomplished word smith
    Thoughts roaming through brain, heart and soul giving control
    I believe you have great control. Unique writing.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete