Friday, March 24, 2017

Moments...--By Marilyn Ward--United Kingdom

the farmers field 
a kite looks for movement 
from the scarecrow
____________

rough
his hands
hold me gently
____________

an umbrian breeze 
swishes the downy tendrils 
of my grandpa's beard 
____________

Marilyn Ward is a 62-year-old grandmother, who from childhood loved words, the language did not matter, any words would do. For the last two years, these words have been turned into poems. Her favourite form being haiku--brief, beautiful, perfectly selected, words. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Marilyn Ward of United Kingdom, thanks for three good
    Haiku Under a title "Moments" Gives me hope for Haiku.
    I never liked them because they lack a title,
    no matter how good they are. I guess that's
    just me but your work is good.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all of these, they are all excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marilyn,
    Thank you for these thoughtful haiku.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete