Monday, March 20, 2017

Winter Guardians--By Connie Marcum Wong--United States

Winter Guardians

Rows of heavy snow flocked pines
in varied heights, stretch to touch
white cloud dappled azure skies.
Their blue-gray shadows cast across

pristine snow and swift river's flow.
Steep hillsides lure camera lenses
with picturesque clear alpine air
sharing serene senses with dawn.

Rounded river rocks dressed with
snow covered marshmallow tops
greet the beauty of the celestial sun,
in divine display of this blessed day.

Connie Marcum Wong has been the Web Mistress of a private poetry forum Poetry for Thought since October 1999. Her poetry has been in many publications, anthologies, magazines, and e-zines over the years. She published her first poetry chapbook, Island Creations in 2005. In 2007, Heart Blossoms was published. In January 2010, an anthology, A Poetry Bridge to All Nations, was published by Lulu Enterprises, Inc.  Connie created the 'Constanza' poetry form in 2007 and Con-Verse form in 2010. She has resided with her husband in Hawaii since 1980.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Connie, I love your word painted picture of snow, river
    flow, alpine air and snow covered marshmallow tops.
    This wild land really lives up to "Winter
    Guardians". Thanks for sharing.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yancy. It could very well be where you live. I wish you a happy spring. Blessing,Connie

      Delete
    2. More like where I have lived Connie, I have had a of
      experience bucking snow, but also loving it,
      and the way you write about it. Now
      I am living in toasty warm Arizona.
      Yancy

      Delete
  2. Hi Connie,
    Your poem possesses a certain musical quality -- delightful to the ear, a most enjoyable read.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,
    Each stanza creates great images, your flow of words is magical - well done! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely Connie. The picture you "painted" is of my White Mountain Home in Arizona where I used to live, near the alpines. I live in Utah now where it snows also and my little pine tree in front of my house is often blanketed with snow in the winter, but still, at times like when I read a poem like yours, I long for my Arizona home and all it's beauty. It brought tears to my eyes, silly me. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this imagery. It really paints a picture in my mind an celebrates beauty. I have had so little time for writing and sharing poetry butI hope to visit your soon at PFT.
    Much love,
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete