Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Archive Selection--By Pam Murray--Canada--Originally Published--July 19, 2015

The Haven

I lift my eyes to a piece of sky
Framed by the trees that I’m walking through
Feeling a summer rain’s soft kiss.
Morning has come and I think of you

Still fast asleep in your warm, safe bed.
Knowing you’ll smile when I return,
Fix me a coffee and sit with me,
I feel emotions begin to churn.

I count my blessing and take a breath
Of moisture filled morning, take it deep
And listen as wind whispers in my ear,
Secrets that called me up out of sleep.

My soul wants to walk for a little while
But I think of you and my feet must turn,
Hurrying back through the gentle rain,
Back to the haven for which I yearn.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind. Writing and crocheting are her passions.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pam,

    A tender poem and so true. If you have the bliss of a safe, loving haven, you always want to return.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete