Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Archive Selection--By Susan Kahil--Spain--Originally Published--March 3, 2017

Teardrop Child

Each raindrop fell and grew a child
Into a man who then rained tears
The sun drew a smile upon that child
Man blackened out the window of his heart
The wind whispered ‘love’ into the child’s ear
Man blew it back out stale breath spelling hate
Rainbows painted child with happiness
‘Hu(e)man’ discriminated
Earth sucked him back into her belly
Whilst the child giggled within

Susan Kahil singer/songwriter/poet is originally from the UK but has lived in Southern Spain for the past twelve years.  In a secluded mountain valley on her olive, orange and avocado farm surrounded by nature and wildlife is where she gets her inspiration for poetry and original songs. Some of her recent work can be seen in the soon to be poets’ anthology, “Dandelion in a Vase” and several publications in magazines.  She is currently working on her first poetry book.  Susan likes to look for the beauty and infinite potential in all things.

4 comments:

  1. My what an in-depth read. Thank you! I loved the analogy. You inspired an analogy of my own.

    Tomorrow
    Gladly the "Son" will draw a smile on my face.
    "Hu-man" often blackens the window of my heart:
    So I tell him,"the 'Son' will come out tomorrow".
    If I ask, He always dries the tears that start.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Karen O'Leary, Inge and Jack most honoured xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susan,

      A very impressive piece, a joy to read it again!

      All my best,
      Inge

      Delete