Tuesday, December 5, 2017

NEW!--Special Feature Collaborative Poem--By Sara Kendrick--United States and Jack Horne--England

Out on the Porch

By Sara Kendrick--United States, and Jack Horne--England

Steel gray cotton balls hang suspended
Sky blue sky accents each ball
As the distant sun inches up
Realizing the roosters' call

An acorn loses its hold and falls
Lands upon the roof or barn
One ping upon the roof top
Shrill squeal as it tells a yarn

Dampness and cool opens this fall day
There's a stillness undefined
Life seems to move slowly forward
Good and evil seen intertwined

My breath is smoking on the frosty air,
the starry sky is inky black,
with distant smells of burning bramblewood:
reminders that will take me back.

A child again, I stand in happy awe,
and feel the magic of the night,
and picture Gran beside me, as before,
my hand in hers, my spirits bright.

A hooting owl disturbs the peaceful calm,
and then the chiming village clock...
it's time to go indoors, because I've found
the remedy for writer's block!

9 comments:

  1. A wonderful co-write, well written, with a lot of imagery.
    Thank you Sara and Jack for this atmospheric poem.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Inge and Feby,

      It was such a joy to publish this beautiful collaborative poem by Sara and Jack, both very talented writers.

      Sara and Jack,

      Congratulations on all the wonderful comments on your artistic experience!

      Blessings to all,
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your piece, thahks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unusual imagery in these words. Feel as if I am unwrapping a multi-layered gift, giving surprises along the way. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collaboration Sara and Jack. Loved the answer to writers block; just sit on the porch and take in the wonders of nature. Thanks for sharing.
    Sincerely, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cograts Sara & Jack for this great co-write, my friends with great imagery!

    Love,

    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara and Jack,
    A spending collaborative poem! I liked it a lo!
    Yours truly,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, all, for the lovely comments & my thanks also to Sara for writing with me x

    ReplyDelete