Monday, April 16, 2018

Four Seasons in one day--By George L. Ellison--England

Four Seasons in one day

I Crave the sun that dawns a brand new day
Brave Helios drives all the mists away
gave us spring now and I do hope, to stay!

Lunchtime comes around and the sky turns dark
Glowering clouds they make everything stark
As if winters returned to leave its mark

As blossom it curls when the frost it burns
as it looks as if spring is taking turns
as autumn and as winter each return

There’s a hiatus as the afternoon sun
 makes everyone believe that summer’s come
As daylight fades, temperatures undone

Four seasons in one day or so it seems
I go to bed with summer in my dreams
 
George L. Ellison is a Poetry and Short Stories writer, he has three books published, entitled Poetic Reminiscences, Weaving words and Reflections. He is the Poetry form a Poem Master at the Writers and Poets Alliance with a number of collaborative books to his name, including Remembrance 1914 -2014. He lives with his wife and dogs in England, plays the Ukulele and is also studying the saxophone.

4 comments:

  1. Dear George,

    What a day! When you experience all seasons in one day. I really like the end: 'I go to bed with Summer in my dreams'
    Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this George. We often say, if you do not like the weather, Wait an hour.
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, George. I am with you in longing for the presence of summer. Thanks for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete